Birthing From Within Inclusivity Scholarship Application Form (see form below)
Thank you for your commitment to childbearing families in your community! We are honored that you are coming to us as partners in that work.
Birthing From Within recognizes that systems of oppression have blocked and denied access to optimal maternity care and support for many marginalized people. We know this has created and sustained unacceptable disparities in healthcare outcomes and caused great harm to many people, especially Black and other people of color. We believe that to change these systems of oppression we must invest in those who are best positioned to provide culturally-relevant mentoring and support to those whose lives are unfairly jeopardized due to past and present inequities.
Birthing From Within offers partial scholarships for birth professionals from these traditionally underserved communities: BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Scholarships are offered to people who:
- Are dedicated to serving their communities through transformative preparation, support, and healing practices.
- Will address racial and social injustice in their work as a mentor and/or doula.
- Require financial assistance to make our trainings accessible to them.
If awarded, the scholarship is a gift to you and the communities you serve. You will not be asked for any volunteer work or other contributions to Birthing From Within in exchange for a scholarship.
How the scholarships work:
- Scholarships cover part of the registration fees only.
- Scholarships can not be used to cover the cost of books and materials, or the expense of lodging, meals, or transportation for in-person events.
- Your scholarship request must be connected to a specific training or workshop. Please choose one that works for your schedule and other logistic needs.
- Each event has a limited number of available scholarships. Applying at least four weeks in advance will increase your chance of receiving one.
- Applications will be reviewed monthly. You can expect to receive a response to your application no later than two weeks before the training or workshop you chose.
- Late applications will be accepted and awarded on a space-available basis. Late applicants may have to wait for a future workshop if all scholarships have been awarded.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.